Thursday, March 10, 2016

10,000 visitors!

No update on anything project-wise this time, but I just wanted to commemorate passing a milestone. I just noticed that I have passed the 10,000 visitor mark on this blog. I started this blog just as a way to document the cabin build. Mainly for myself, and maybe a few friends and relatives. When I first got going on the cabin, I had a few people asking me how it was going. Showing them by flipping thru all the photos on my phone was cumbersome, so I wanted to make a repository of all the pictures in the proper order online.

My first thought was to just post all the pictures to a service like Picasa or Flickr, but I wanted to include a narrative of the build as well.  Doing a blog seemed like the best way. I didn't know much about blogging at the time, but it seemed easy enough.

When I first started this blog, if you made me guess how many people would ever visit it, I would have guessed maybe a couple hundred at most. I would have never been vain enough to even fantasize about 10,000.  That you all find my cabin and other projects interesting enough to spend your valuable internet time reading about them instead of watching videos of cats wearing socks fills me with humility and gratitude.

Thank you all.

Tim

Now, back to more important things:

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment